At these workshops you will learn how to:
- Explore unexamined, self-limiting beliefs, stereotypes and assumptions about aging and make better, more conscious choices about our worldviews on aging;
- Develop self-compassion to cope more effectively with change, worry, and stresses associated with aging;
- Discover and reflect on what has given heart and meaning to our lives and how that informs our intentions for our aging process;
- Enhance connection and reduce isolation from others and the web of life by understanding our shared humanity in the aging process;
- Reduce fear and increase acceptance in the presence of death and dying for ourselves and for our loved ones.
The workshops will focus on listening to our own inner wisdom and guidance, integrating Talking Points and best practices, sharing in intimate conversation circles, and listening to the collective wisdom of the group.
- Introduction to Conscious Aging
- Life Review
- Transformative Practices
- Death Makes Life Possible
- Surrender – Letting Go
- Creating a New Vision of Aging
NONE BOOKED at present
Fee $50 (to be paid before classes begin)…workbook extra
REGISTER NOW TO HOLD YOUR SEAT!
Iris Todd-Lewis MEd, BA, RN (ret’d)
Iris segued from Registered Nurse to instructor while working for Corrections Canada, was a co-therapist within the Sexual and Violent Offender Programs, and taught Life Skills to inmates. When she had completed writing the Licensed Practical Nursing Program for a private college, Iris spent two years offering workshops in Health Education, Time Management, and Presentation Skills etc. while also facilitating classes for Vancouver City College in the Instructor Diploma Program. Iris taught several years for Fraser Valley University teaching the “Introduction to Adult Education” (ADED301) course before winding up her working career as a Realtor. This experienced presenter with a diverse set of skills and experience is pleased to now offer workshops on Conscious Aging as an accredited facilitator for IONS.